Help for pilots looking to transition to a new career.
If you’ve had your pilot wings temporarily clipped, then Flight Deck Wingman is here to help.
It’s been a tough couple of years in the aviation industry. Even before COVID impacted the aviation industry, pilots found themselves prematurely grounded – an awful situation and one that we understand.
Our mission has always been to help all pilots maximise their potential and achieve success with their applications. That’s why for pilots affected by job loss or coming out of flight school with limited pilot job opportunities, we are on hand to help you find alternative employment until you can return to the skies. Our highly effective training techniques are proven to deliver success and not just for pilot roles. What’s more, we have streamlined our normal services and discounted our normal rates to assist pilots applying for non-flying roles. Read on to learn more about how Flight Deck Wingman can help…
Train to Prepare. Prepare to Succeed. Get Yourself a Wingman!
Services designed to help you maximise your chances of success with non-flying roles.
If you’re looking to give yourself the best chance of getting to and through a non-flying role application but don’t know where to start – you’ve come to the right place. Our bespoke application and interview preparation services will give you the confidence and knowledge to find success.
Your Wingman’s mission in the non-pilot CV session is to train you in the “Techniques” to leave the session confident that you can independently re-attack and significantly improve your non-pilot CV. We will train you in techniques to show your potential employer why you are the perfect fit for their operation! It includes the following steps:
- A pre-session review of your current CV by your Wingman. (You will be asked to attach your current CV when you book your service)
- A one and a half hour face-to-face Skype session with your Wingman using ‘screen sharing’
- Detailed content and layout discussion
- Translation of your pilot competencies and integration into your non-pilot CV discussed
- Learning the techniques to replicate for any potential employer
- Leave the session with the “Techniques” to independently re-attack and significantly improve your CV
- Invaluable Techniques that can be applied to an Airline CV when the time comes!
Your Wingman’s mission in the non-pilot Covering Letter session is to train you in the “Techniques” to leave the session confident that you can independently re-attack and significantly improve your non-pilot Covering Letter. It includes the following steps:
- A pre-session review of your current Covering Letter by your Wingman. (You will be asked to attach your current Covering Letter when you book your service)
- A one hour face-to-face Skype session with your Wingman using ‘screen sharing’
- Detailed content and layout discussion
- Translation of your pilot competencies and integration into your non-pilot Covering Letter discussed
- Leave the session with the “Techniques” to independently re-attack and significantly improve your non-pilot Covering Letter
Not been through an interview process in some time? Want to build confidence in improving on your interview technique? Learn from the experts in how to confidently pass any interview with our online non-pilot interview training services. Conducted face-to-face with your Wingman via Skype, we will train you in our awesome “Techniques Not Tip Offs” to help you to shine during any interview! You will learn the following:
- How to integrate your pilot skills and competencies into a non-pilot interview
- How to structure answers to any potential interview
- How to deliver answers in a natural way with invaluable feedback from your Wingman!
Discounts and more info...
We have applied discounts to all of our Career Transition Services and also offered the opportunity to receive discounts on some of our normal services too. You may also be eligible to receive our training for FREE. Read on to learn more…
Yes! We have already applied discounts for pilots using our “Career Transition Services” to apply for non-pilot roles. The following discounts have been applied to our normal prices;
- £30 on the CV service for non-pilot applications
- £20 on the Cover Letter service for non-pilot applications
- £10 on the hourly interview training service for non-pilot applications
What’s more, for clients choosing out CV and Cover Letter services via the Career Transition Support Page”, we will offer you a 25% discount on our normal service price for pilot CV and Cover Letter creation.*
* T’s and C’s Apply as follows:
- Clients that complete a Career Transition CV or Cover Letter service and subsequently purchase a pilot CV or Cover Letter service must contact us to claim their discount before purchasing the new service.
- New service must be booked within 6 months of the original Career Transition Support Service.
Flight Deck Wingman is registered as a LVP supplier with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), which means that if you are unemployed or have been placed under notice of redundancy, then you may be able to make a claim for training with Flight Deck Wingman through your local Job Centre Plus (JCP).
Full details of this process can be found on this page.
You’ll also find some useful answers to Job Centre process in the UK on this page.
Absolutely! Our proven “Techniques Not Tip Offs” are super easy to apply and transfer between almost any industry! Of course, we’d recommend that you get some extra support from us for any airline applications – our success rates of 99% speak for themselves!
Can you help with airline or flight school applications and assessments via these career transition services?
Unfortunately not. Our non-pilot application and assessment preparation services are not streamlined and discounted in the same way. Please visit out “SERVICES” menu to access the list of services that we offer for Airline applications.